Carrot Cake.... yeeeha~~~~
I can't express how much my love to carrot cake, especially the cake with topping. It is the bomb!
1cup of pecans/walnuts
2,1/2 cups grated carrots
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1,1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1,1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
1,1/2 granulated white sugar
1 cup canola/olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat overn 180 celcius for at least 30mins
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients in a bowl
3. To electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy.
4. Add in sugar, beat for 3-4 mins. Slowly add in oil, then add in vanilla extract.
5. Add in the sifted dry ingredients, mix well until homogeneous.
6. Fold in carrots and chopped nuts
7. Bake for 25-30 mins, depends to your oven OR until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
227g room temperature cream cheese
2 cups icing sugar (sifted) (may reduce to your desire sweet taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
Carrot cake serve best with topping in my opinion, so here's my take.
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter until well mix
2. Add in icing sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and its juice. Mix well
3. Spread in onto the cake, decorate with walnuts/ anything you like that serve well with carrot cake