Review: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Looking close into the mirror and you see something like this: Dry skin? Flaky skin? and then...
you shout: Ohhhhhh nooooo...my skin ?!

Hi lovely ladies and gents, dealing with extremely cold dry weather or hot weather really dry out the skin. Dry skin will flakes and peels and worst is it hurts too,too much. Some people gets these issues due to weather changes/ natural skin condition/ over exfoliation either using chemical peel or exfoliation/ 24/7 in air conditioning room or heater and NOT using enough moisturizer.

Personal experience tell me a well moisturized skin will keep all the flakes away. Different skin types requires different texture of moisturizer. I own 3 types of moisturizer, some I use everyday and some I use when necessary. I have sensitive skin, sometimes it flakes like crazy with few red patches and certain days it looks oily. Currently I'm using a gel moisturizer during day time and cream moisturizer during night time.

Anyway, for today I'm going to share my thoughts on the Kiehl's Ultra Facial cream. I'll talk about my other moisturizers next post.




I really appreciate the product I'm using is made with simple ingredients yet delivers wonderful results.
Free from mineral oil, colors, parabens and fragrance, which means less allergic factors to trigger my sensitive skin.



As I've mentioned before in my other Kiehl's products review, I love simple and practical packaging which means travel friendly. It comes in a jar, mine one is only 50ml, sometimes you can get Jumbo size from the store, but I don't see the need to do so. Of course in any marketing, bigger packaging cheaper price but the whole daily dipping fingers into pot is really not hygienic. Thus, I still prefer getting a 50ml jar.
It comes with a lid but still without a spatula really cause me some troubles. Is either I wash my hands thoroughly or use cotton buds to scoop out the product. You know after the whole day work and you are so tired, sometimes you just feel so lazy to move around get cotton buds and will end up dipping your fingers into the pot. I have this problems most of the times... ahem.. Since it is parabens free, germs may multiply faster and product may spoil easily.



This white cream spread onto face easily. It is not too thick but good enough for my skin type and skin issues. I don't use a huge amount, about 2 pea size will be fine for me. The next day, I notice my skin is soft and glow. Issues such as flakes, tugging skin, peeling and red patches are reduced too.
However, I do noticed it is sometimes a little bit oily when use in the day time (hot and humid weather). So, normally I prefer use it as night cream after apply all the toners, serum and etc. When my skin is oily, I do avoid this as much as I can, I find it gives my forehead some bumps. I like to apply the cream from face down to my collar bone, it just feel nice.

Price: RM100 / 50ml
Where to buy: Kiehl's outlet
Repurchase: Maybe

In a nutshell, Kiehl's Ultra Facial cream works well for most skin types. If you have oily/ oily combination skin just use a small amount or for the safe side skip this, look for a gel moisturizer. If you have dry skin, go for the ultra facial moisturizer (bottle). And if you are not sure which moisturizer suits your skin and still eager to try out any Kiehl's moisturizer, just visit the outlet, ask for a skin analysis and they will recommend what suits you. I will not say this is something must have and without it, it is the end of the world. It is a good moisturizer but I know and sure I can get better moisturizer out there. I enjoy using it. It is certainly something good to try and own but to the point of repurchase is still under consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be very happy if you leave your footprints here. Thanks